WELCOME TO THE US OPEN OF PARAGLIDING 2018
The US Open of Paragliding will also be the Canadian Paragliding Nationals and a Pre PWC. Event subscription is now closed, and the competition is fully subscribed. If you signed up on the waiting list and have not yet received an email from us about a spare comp space, then we're sorry to inform you that you do not have a place at this year's event.
Saturday 7th July is a practice day. Please make your own arrangements for lifts to launch / retrieval as there will be no shuttle / retrieval service on the practice day.
Pilot registration is from 4pm at the Chamber of Commerce (216 E Woodin Ave, Chelan, WA 98816) followed by a mandatory pilots meeting at 7pm.
NOTE TO VISITING PILOTS
For all visiting pilots that are not familiar with the area, please note that landing at Beebe Bridge Park Campground (Beebe's) or the leisure park is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. The designated landing area is Chelan Falls Park (soccer field) on the west side of the river. Please refer to the Site Orientation page to make sure you understand the restrictions.
All pilots, please take the time to download the Pilot Handbook and read the contents. Here is a summary of the competition schedule:
Saturday 7th July: Practice Day. Registration at Chelan Chamber of Commerce on Woodin Ave (4pm) and MANDATORY pilots meeting (7pm)
Sunday 8th July: Comp day 1
Monday 9th July: Comp day 2
Tuesday 10th July: Comp day 3
Wednesday 11th July: Comp day 4
Thursday 12th July: Comp day 5
Friday 13th July: Comp day 6
Saturday 14th July: Comp day 7, awards ceremony and closing party
Uploading your Tracklog
• IGC File: be able to download from your instrument via phone or computer
• USHPA/IPPI/CIVL #: must have supplied this information at sign-up. It's just a unique PIN, if you don't have one, just come up with one that you can remember.
If you are new to XCDemon, your login is as follows:
• email supplied to the comp
• pwd = phone number (digits only, no special characters)
• if you are having trouble logging in you can reset your password through the login prompt and have a new password sent to your email.
• enter your USHPA/IPPI/CIVL #
• select the task to upload for (should only be one valid task available)
• select your IGC for the task
• hit submit
• check that the name on the website is correct
• check that the task is correct for the IGC
• hit submit if so!
You will then be forwarded to the results page and you should see links to downloads for the IGC/KML tracks of all pilots
• hovering over the links will show who has submitted their tracks
• You can also click through to watch the doarama replay and should see your track there.
• To update your Doarama icon, go the edit profile page and update your pilot picture
ENTRY FEES & DEADLINES
$525.00 received before 31 May, 2018
$600.00 1 June – 8 July, 2018
NB - if paying by Paypal, a 3% surcharge is applied.
Overall 1st, 2nd and 3rd
Womens 1st 2nd and 3rd
Sports Class (EN C and EN B) 1st, 2nd and 3rd
Prize giving ceremony to be held on 14 July at a venue to be announced.
Cancel before 30 April, refund fee is $50
Cancel 1 May –8 June, refund is $150
Cancel June 9th or after: NO REFUND
Entry fees are non-transferable.